Soviet Light Tank T-70

In the beginning of the 1942 a group of constructors led by N.A.Astrov invented a new light tank - descendant of the T-60. T-70 had better armament (45mm cannon) and armour protection. The main parts remained the same as it had the T-60. From the September of 1942 T-70 were producted with wider wheels and tracks. All these details were now incompatible with the older models. But the new cannon was not automatized and the firespeed was low, because the commander must to work as the loader and the gunner. In the beginning of 1943 the production of T-70 was ceased. Soviet authors write that the T-70 (with T-80) was the best light tank of the Second World War.